Wow! It's been a while since I've written...
I love home renovation shows. All the work that happens, the before and after, the big reveal to the homeowners-it's all great entertainment to me. I would, however, scoff when one of the homeowners (usually the wife) would complain about how stressful and terrible it all was, that they were going to lose it if the renovations took any longer. I thought, "Come on, lady, suck it up! It can't be that bad!"
And then...we decided to change our kitchen. We are actually still hanging cabinets as I type. Well, actually, other people are doing the work, but I like to feel included :) Anyway, renovations are terrible. There. I admit it. Everything is disorganized and in chaos. Getting ready for the day, packing lunches and making meals takes longer and I have to stop and remember where everything is. I feel like I don't have any extra time to do anything, like write or paint my toenails or do regular housework. Maybe that lady has a right to complain after all...
My point is-I need to stop making assumptions and judging people. There's a pattern I've noticed in my life. I don't take the time to try and see the other person's point of view, what their life might be like and how they feel. Instead, I jump to conclusions, and unfortunately I usually don't give others the benefit of the doubt.
I am then humbled by God. He reveals parts of the lives of "those people," and I feel so awful that I even thought that about them. A friend who seems like she's always bragging may actually feel insecure. Or maybe that person who was rude to you just had a fight with a loved one and is still upset. Maybe she talks so tough because she has been hurt and let down so often she can't trust people anymore.
Thankfully, God gives me second chances. Well, He gives me second chances hundreds of times, but I'm grateful for it. Next time an "opportunity for growth" comes up, instead of thinking negative thoughts about someone and then telling another person all about it, I'm praying that I can pause, ask God for wisdom and understanding, then try to think the best and if possible, reach out and encourage that meanie ;)
Love this so much. ❤️
ReplyDelete