Bethel Music just put out a CD called You Make Me Brave, and in the song "It Is Well", they sing,
"So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name"
The waves and wind still know His name"
Music is very powerful to me, and embarrassingly enough, some songs make me want to weep when I sing them. This is one of those songs. I so easily forget God's power. There have been a few times when I have shared what I'm dealing with in my life, and when my friends pray for me, they see me in a rowboat, with high waves all around me. I'm holding onto the oars with white knuckles, straining and striving, but going nowhere.
I need to let go. I belong to the Creator, and the waves and wind still know His name.
There are so many things in my life that I desperately try to control and fix and plan out to the tiniest little detail. It's exhausting, discouraging and so stressful, ultimately making me feel defeated. But I have the greatest hope.
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.
We're not made to carry so many burdens. I look back at all the times I made myself sick with worry and stress, and that whole time I know God just wanted me to run to Him.
2 Chronicles 20:17 NLT
But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand
still and watch the LORD's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah
and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them
tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!
...stand still and watch the Lord's victory...
No comments:
Post a Comment