Psalm 34:18 NIV
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
When I was looking up this verse, I was only remembering the first half. When I found it and read it all the way through, I realized this verse is a truth I need to cling to because it's how I feel. My heart hurts, and indeed, my spirit seems like it has been crushed. I told myself that I would try to be as transparent as possible on this blog because I think it is vital to having healthy relationships, to stop the cycle of fluffy small talk in order to actually connect with other people traveling on their own journeys.
Today, however, I hope it is enough to simply admit that my heart is heavy. I think I know some of the reasons, some of the issues that have bogged me down to the point of discouragement, but I'm just not ready to list them all yet. I need to spend some time in my Creator's presence and lay it all down at His feet. Thank God He fulfills His promises! I know He will save me. I hope and pray that you stand on His promises, too, waiting confidently and expectantly for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment