Saturday, June 6, 2015

I can't even think of a title!! ;)

I'm trying to think of something deep and inspiring to write, and I have nothing.  Sometimes ideas flow so quickly from my mind that my hands can't record all of them in time.  Life right now is...ok, I guess.  No major crises or struggles.  Just the usual stuff.  And yet, I know God has called me to write, and I firmly believe a lot of it has to do with my own edification.  If God uses it to bless others and speak into their lives, I am humbled and excited to see Him work.  So I've decided to remain faithful and keep going.  Thanks for bearing with me...

It's bright and sunny right now, my flowers are blooming in their pots outside my house, and I've had a lot of coffee and chocolate today.  It's a nice, good day.  See?  Even my adjectives are uninspiring :)

What do we do when life is easy and we're coasting?  I find that I'm less likely to be seeking God's face and asking for His peace.  It's more challenging for me to be faithful in my time and conversations with God when I can rely on my own strength and get things done.  But as I'm typing this, I wonder what it would look like when those storms come and I've been preparing for them because my foundation in Him is already built and steadfast.  So many times I've been blindsided by a terrible thing, to find myself suddenly sprinting towards God, shouting His name and begging for help.

God is so faithful, and He always shows up, even though His arrival might not be exactly as I expected or, in some cases, demanded.  I am curious, though, for those of you who read this-how do you stay close to God in the easy times?  I think for me it means that I just need to continue trying to mirror His faithfulness, in the big things as well as the small.  I will never be as faithful and steadfast as Him, but He is also full of mercy and grace, and for that I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment